Download the Application Form here: Scholarship Application
Scholarship Objective TVMA is providing a scholarship that can assist a student pursuing a higher education in a field related to the green industry (Forestry, Agronomy, Horticulture, Range Science, Agriculture Science, Urban Forestry, Herbicide Technology, Plant Biology, or any other applicable Biological/Soil Science) or be the child or grandchild of a TVMA member (pursuing a degree in any field of study). The student may be a resident of any state (as long as his/her parent or grandparent is a member of TVMA) and be attending any Junior College, four year university, or Trade School.
Funding This scholarship program is funded through the members of the Tennessee Vegetation Management Association.
Amount TVMA is offering two scholarships valued at $2,000.00 each. One $2,000.00 scholarship to be awarded to each of two qualified recipients that are enrolled in the current academic year. Each scholarship will be provided in a single payment during the fall/winter semester or quarter. Administration Screening and selection of scholarship candidates will be by a Scholarship Selection Committee composed of Tennessee Vegetation Management Association Board members.
Application Instructions Each applicant is responsible for all of the following materials being received by the Scholarship Selection Committee on or before December 1 of the year of the award:
- Completed and signed scholarship application form.
- Transcript of grades from applicant’s most recently completed grade or term.
- A letter (no more than one page) from the applicant to the Scholarship Selection Committee describing personal background, major accomplishments, and educational and professional goals.
- This scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable grant. Any tax obligation arising from the award is the responsibility of the recipient.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in college as an undergraduate student. Master and Doctoral candidates may also apply.
- No application will be considered until all materials are received by the Scholarship Selection Committee on or before December 1 each year for spring enrollment of the following year.
- No application materials received after December 1 will be considered.
This scholarship is awarded for the purpose of attending a specific institution to study a related field within the green industry. Examples could be as follows: arboriculture, urban forestry, forestry, horticulture, plant and soil science, grass and turf or related fields. The recipient may not transfer to another institution or field of study during the award year except by prior notification of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- This scholarship is also open to TVMA member’s children and grandchildren currently enrolled in college in ANY curriculum.
- Each applicant is personally responsible for meeting all application deadlines.
- This scholarship is awarded without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or handicap status. All applicants must be citizens of the United States of America.